Casting call leaked from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire adaptation.
Oh what’s that I hear? Nearly all of the heroic roles in these films were cast with white actors? Including new opportunities to cast actors of color? And nearly all of the significant characters of color are or will be dead?
Oh, okay, but you want crying people of color; specifically African Americans. Right.
African American Children 12 and younger Light-medium skin tone very thin. Need to have the ability to cry. Want to see distress in their eyes. Would love to see their crying ability on tape.
Subject “CRYING CHILDREN”
African American female darker skinned very thin age 60-80. Needs to have a hunched back or the ability to lose like that for an extended amount of time. Also need to have the ability to cry. See the pain in their eyes. Would love to see a video of them crying.
Subject “CRYING GRANDMOTHER”
African American female darker skinned tall and muscular age 16-15. Again the ability to cry. Would love to see them cry on video.
Subject “CRYING MUSCLE”
The extremely skinny any ethnicity and gender. Please submit 3 pics that shows your thin body frame and women no make-up please. We need to sell starvation and poverty.
Subject “THE SKINNY”
Caucasian women with weathered faces. These are hard-working women that have been through alot. This is where your no make-up is going to sell it. No photo shop show us the real you. We need the character faces to bring the scene to life.
Caucasian men and women that are skinny that have irregular teeth. You need to a a thin stature as well. Please send a picture of your smile for us. No make-up. This goes with the starvation and poverty.
Seeking Caucasian men and women that have some grip/lighting/rigging experience
Seeking those with some Hair and Make-up experience.
Caucasian Men and women with very thin frames with acting experience/ Please attach pics that show your thin frame as well as your acting resume.
Seeking Children 1-17 very thin frames for the older ones more so. This goes hand and hand with starvation and poverty.
If you fit the descriptions listed above then please e-mail Idiomavailcheck@gmail.com please include 3 pics (head and body) age, ht, wt, and all contact info. Please list any additional info that was listed with the role you are submitting for. Please put appropriate listing in the subject box. Attach Videos and resumes as well.
Yeah, it’s not like the production didn’t already get flak the last time around for it’s “underfed but strong” Caucasian Katniss casting call.
Not content only to be known as the person who criticized his disabled veteran opponent for bringing up her military background, Joe Walsh is also a flaming infantilizing racist.
Timothy Arnold, a student at the University of Central Florida, produced a app called U Could Finish that automated the process of hunting for vacancies in popular courses. After the app was the subject of a popular Reddit post, the administration at UCF punished Arnold for doing this, on the grounds that it had overloaded their servers. As a persuasive presentation from Arnold and friends documents, this claim is not very plausible. Nevertheless, the project has been terminated and Arnold faces three semesters of academic probation, a paper in which Arnold must explain why what he did was naughty and why the system’s administrators are good people, and a coaching session on making good life sessions.
Hey, I know what will inspire college students to make clever and helpful things! Let’s punish them for making clever and helpful things!
YEAH! HIGHER EDUCATION FOR THE WIN!
…sigh. Fuckin’ Florida.
ok even if it crashed your servers
a thing that happens sometimes when you deal with computers
he’s learning to be a computer scientist
and yeah he caused some trouble (assuming that’s what he actually did)
or could have caused some trouble
but still you don’t punish someone from that you tell them to stop first
way to smack down a bright student !!!!
An actress on Twitter writes: ”I didn’t make #PowerRangers said I was great but they already casted a black guy so they can’t cast a black girl too WHY is race an issue”
Power Rangers has had a lot of diverse casting, but since it was bought by Nickelodeon it seems to have regressed to “old school” diversity. For example, in 2010 they only allowed white actors to audition for the lead role and Racebending.com had to write a letter requesting they open up the casting call.
being passionate about a pairing is one thing
sending messages to a gay writers husband asking if he tops or bottoms is another
just wow people
(trigger warning for rape)
hey. fuck society.
This is why rape awareness is important. This right here
>:( this is bullshit
CONSTITUENT: Hi, I’m (inaudible) how are you? Happy Fourth of July. Jesse Jackson, Jr. is passing a bill around to increase the minimum wage to 10 bucks and hour. Do you support that?
YOUNG: Probably not.
CONSTITUENT: 10 bucks, that would give us a living wage.
YOUNG: How about getting a job?
CONSTITUENT: I do have one.
YOUNG: Well, then why do you want that benefit? Get a job.
Conservative compassion. The only reason they’re trying to raise the minimum wage is so it matches the buying power it had when the federal minimum wage was enacted in 1968 - in other words, they’re just adjusting for inflation. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: all politicians should be on minimum wage.
I went to UniteWomen.org and clicked on the link for my state. It took me to the group’s Arizona facebook page and it was there to my horror that I found this list of bills against women created in Arizona:
- HB 2800 - No Public Funding for Family Planning: This bill outlines the priority for distribution of public funds for family planning services and specifies that the state or any political subdivision may not contract with any person or facility that performs nonfederally qualified abortions. It would disquality Planned Parenthood from providing services to AHCCCS and Title X patients, leaving those without insurance and in the minority communities without access to affordable health care/reproductive health care services. Passed
- HB 2625 - Religious Objections Bill: This bill states that a religiously affiliated employer can opt out of insurance coverage for contraceptives. An employee wishing to be reimbursed for related expenses could be required to submit a claim to the employer along with evidence that the prescription is not for the purpose covered under the employer’s objection. Republican Rep. Terri Proud wants to make a law that would force women to witness an abortion before having an abortion. Passed
- SB 1359 - Wrongful Life/Brith: The Arizona state Senate passed a bill that establishes that a person is not liable for damages in any civil action on a claims that, but for an act or omission of the defendant, specified individuals would not or should not have been born. It allows health care providers to omit informationn discovered during examination if the provider thinks the information may lead to the termination of pregnancy without fear of civil action against the provider. Passed
- SB 1494 - Abortion/Personhood: Defines ‘human being’ to include all ages from conception to full gestation. Expands ’informed consent’ criteria, and disclosure of possible medical riskes. It also requires physicians to provide contact information for a Crisis Pregnancy Center. Due to the expanded definition of ‘human being’, some forms of oral contraception and in vitro fertilization could no longer be prescribed/taken or performed. Tabled
- SB 2036 - 20 Week Abortion Ban: Prohibits abortion after 20 weeks except in a medical emergency with no exception for health or fetal anomaly. Physicians will face criminal and civil penalties as well as unprofessional conduct sanctions and loss of license. Women would be forced to carry non-viablie fetuses to term unless their lives are in immediate danger. Women diagnosed with an illneess such as cancer could not receive chemotherapy/radiation allowing the disease to progress. Passed
- SB 1009 - Promote Childbirth/Adoption in Schools: Prohibits school districts and charter schools from promoting elective abortion over childbirth and adoption. Requires the State Board of Education to develop a handbook to promote existing curriculum frameworks and encourage school districts to recognize the moral, civic and ethical values within educational development programs for the general purpose of instilling character and ethical prinicples in students K -12 . Schools will provide instruction that may be contrary to the values of the families of Arizona’s children. Passed
- HR 3541 - Pre-Natal Nondiscrimination Act: This bill would allow a male partner or an underage woman’s parents to file an injunction that would force a woman to remain pregnant by charging her with being motivated to abort by the fetus’s race or sex, regardless of whether that’s what actually motivated the woman. Tabled
- SB1365 - Religious Expression Protectin: Prohibits the government from suspending or revoking a person’s professional license for declining to provide a service because of a religious objection. As approved, the proposal also precludes government from denying a person an appointment to a public office because of his or her exercise of religion. Additionally, the bill says it’s not unprofessional conduct to make business decisions — including employment decisions unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal law — that adhere to “sincerely held religious beliefs.” - Passed Senate, pending House
- HB 2416 - Redefines taking the abortion pill as “surgery.” This extravagant over-regulation will result in more than half of Arizona’s current abortion providers becoming ineligible to provide care. Rural women will lose access to abortion entirely, as abortion-by-pill is the only form of care outside Phoenix and Tucson. This proposal aims to reduce abortion early in pregnancy, since abortion-by-pill is used by women in the fifth to ninth week of pregnancy. Passed
- HB 2384 - This bill excludes Planned Parenthood from eligibility as a qualifying organization for The Working Poor Tax Credit. It excludes organizations that serve the working poor from qualifying under the “working poor donation tax credit” program for charitable organizations if they provide or refer for abortion care and prohibits public money from being spent on abortion care training which is already prohibited in Arizona. Passed
- HB 2443 – By banning race and gender selection abortion, this bill tries to create the impression that women and families are deciding to end pregnancies on those bases. Since there absolutely no evidence that this is occurring, this bill is solely designed to further damage the reputations of women who choose abortion. Passed
- HB 1169 (Strike-Everything Amendment) – Prohibits the Arizona Board of Nursing from determining whether abortion care is within the scope of practice of a highly trained nurse practitioner. Passed
- SB 1030 (Strike-Everything Amendment) - Prohibits physician’s assistants from providing abortion-by-pill. Passed
I knew most of them had passed, but there were a few I didn’t even know about. Shit.
It allows health care providers to omit informationn discovered during examination if the provider thinks the information may lead to the termination of pregnancy without fear of civil action against the provider.
Women would be forced to carry non-viablie fetuses to term unless their lives are in immediate danger. Women diagnosed with an illneess such as cancer could not receive chemotherapy/radiation allowing the disease to progress.
Actively harming and murdering pregnant people.
I had to stop reading after that because of reasons. I am reblogging this so I can come back to it later.
if you become pregnant in arizona, your life is forfeit
Note to self, skip SMITE and anything else this game company puts out.
The article is rage inducing, because of the hah, lol nope response of the devs to a request to take the Hindu deities from the game (below). And the I don’t see what’s wrong with it commentary.
SMITE is an upcoming MOBA where players battle it out as deities from the Greek, Chinese, Egyptian, Norse, and Hindu pantheons.
American pop culture has long appropriated other cultures and histories. Many of us have noticed this and we have talked about it, but we were always dismissed with the same arguments over and over. This time is no different.
Rajan Zed, President of the Universal Society of Hinduism, has recently requested that Hi-Rez Studios removed the Hindu deities Agni, Kali, and Vamana from the game. He argued that their depiction in the game is disrespectful, among the many reasons of which are that the game has turned these deities into tools for the player to take control of. You can read more about it here.
So what is the response Zed got? Well, this gem here by Hi-Rez co-founder, Todd Harris:
SMITE includes deities inspired from a diverse and ever expanding set of pantheons including Greek, Chinese, Egyptian, and Norse. Hinduism, being one of the world’s oldest, largest and most diverse traditions, also provides inspiration toward deities in our game. In fact, given Hinduism’s concept of a single truth with multiple physical manifestations one could validly interpret ALL the gods within SMITE to be Hindu. And all gods outside of SMITE as well. Ponder that for a minute. Anyway, going forward SMITE will include even more deities, not fewer.
A white man misusing the ideas of a religion (probably) not his own and then implying he knows better than a (PoC) leader of said religion? Par for the course, really. Can this get any worse? Yes. Let’s examine how Kali, one of the Hindu deities in SMITE, is depicted.