These Women Are About To Tell You Some Things That Are Absolutely None Of Your Business
Holy shit women on fire. This video gave me chills. If you do nothing at all today - watch this!
this shit is fucking A+++++++++++++++++ omg perfection
- Bodies are hairy. No matter the gender, your face will have hair and that is more than okay.
- Your butthole is going to have some hair too. And maybe your nipples. And your tummy. And where ever else.
- Stretch marks. Those are a thing. Everyone gets ‘em. If you don’t, you probably don’t have skin.
- Vaginas smell. Every vagina has a scent. Don’t worry about it! (Unless something seems wrong, then go get it checked out! No need to feel embarrassed or ashamed.)
- Vaginas come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, flavors. All are beautiful.
- Penises come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, flavors. All are beautiful.
- You don’t need to shave anything if you don’t want to. It’s tooootally not mandatory.
- Sometimes people get butt acne.
- You can have a vagina and want short hair and think dresses are just the worst.
- You can have a penis and want long hair and think dresses are just the best.
- You can wear whatever you want and style your hair however you want.
- You can even think whatever the hell you want.
- People might tell you that you are a girl because you have a vagina. People might tell you that you are a boy because you have a penis. People will tell you what your gender is. But in reality, you don’t have to be that gender. You don’t have to be either of those genders.
- You are what you are and it’s just the worst thing if you try and hide that.
You can have a penis and want to have a vagina and it’s ok. You can have a vagina and want to have a penis and it’s ok.
here’s a screen cap of a correspondence between a woman named telisha cobb and senator campfield, who is at the forefront of tennessee’s “don’t say gay” bill (actually called the classroom protection act), a bill which would require teachers, counselors, etc. to inform parents if their children are gay, or even if they ~appear~ to be gay. (here is some more information about it.) she posted it on her facebook (easier to read!) and is urging others to share it so the word can get out about what an unbelievable asshole this dude is (if it wasn’t already obvious enough).
in case you’re having trouble reading the screen cap, it says:
I am writing to you as a mother, active citizen and born & raised Tennessean. You are an embarrassment to our great state. Folks all over the country and here in Tennessee are looking at the bills that you are proposing in shock. They are the most ignorant and morally lacking legislation that could be proposed this year. It is clear that you are targeting homosexuals and low income families with hogwash legislation. You need to search your heart, your values and your Christianity to find a better way to represent us as a whole. We will do everything in our power to make sure you are not here in 2014. There are numerous grass root parties that are making their voices heard.
his super classy response to her email reads:
You seem to have some serious, deep anger issues. Have you ever thought about therapy? I hear they are doing some wonderful things with medication these days.
Yours in service,
Sen. Stacey Campfield
like come on. you’ve gotta be kidding me here.
so! if you wouldn’t mind reblogging this and spreading the word, that would be great! telisha wants others to spread this around as much as they possibly can. this is a totally inappropriate and unprofessional way of addressing criticism and more people need to know about this dude and what he’s trying to pull.
Wow. That’s some bullshit.
Whether it’s maliciously intended or not, language that conflates genitals with gender is cissexist.
That’s… seriously what people are focusing on with this update? I’ve been too busy drowning in FRIENDSHIPPY FEELS and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT to browse the tags.
yeah, I had to get off the tag last night because I was so grossed out by it.
all I’ve seen on my dash is people being right of course because my dash is awesome but I still just don’t give a shit, like anyone whose opinion of Dirk is going to change based on what they think his sexuality is is a huge asshole so who cares.
especially when you consider that Dirk grew up 400 years in the future, so you can’t even talk about his sexuality affecting his life in ways that it affects queer people now, because he didn’t grow up in a culture that stigmatizes queerness. he didn’t grow up in a CULTURE, period. why would you ever assume that he would have the same cultural referents for gayness?
#actually if anything in the upd8 surprised me it was him saying jane had a ‘natural advantage’ #for being a girl #because why would you assume that #it’s interesting to me because dirk is the history buff #he grew up in the 25th century but he does have a lot of secondhand cultural knowledge of the 21st #so imagine growing up gay and not thinking much of it #and then discovering that the way you feel would have made you part of a marginalized group in the era your friends live in#THAT must be weird #so like it totally makes sense to me that dirk would be like ‘why do we have to throw the word gay around’ #’why does it even have to be a thing’ #he must have assumed that jane had a ‘natural advantage’ because he knew how things were in jake and jane’s time #this stuff is what’s interesting to me not the BUT IS HE GAY OR NOT bullshit #what if you had some friends from a different culture and you found out that like #smiling when happy was something that they considered odd and it would cause people to lump you in with a marginalized group#like something that you’d never even thought about #how weird would that be#and how pissed off would you be that it was something you even had to think about
and suddenly i want fic